Pop-overs are one of the most decadent breads! Filled with loads of butter, salt and flour… not super healthy ingredients. So how do we take a delicious recipe and make it more delicious with healthy ingredients? We try and try and try until we get the perfect recipe It’s easy too! Enjoy!
(Dairy & Gluten Free)
- 2 VERY ripe bananas peeled
- 1 package Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Bread Mix
- 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil
- 1 egg whisked + 2 egg whites
- 1 & 3/4 cups warm almond or hazelnut milk (or mixed!)
- 1 scoop Love & Peas Protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon ground chia
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon gluten free vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- Coconut oil spray
- Hand or stand mixer (with wire mixing attachment)
- Large bowl
- Mini cupcake tins
- Measuring cups & spoons
Be safe! Always wash hands after handing raw eggs – and be careful of little hands near the hot oven!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cupcake tins with coconut oil.
Step 2: In mixing bowl mix bananas, warm milk, oil, egg & whites, cider vinegar, baking powder and half of the package of yeast. Whisk until foamy. Then add in vanilla and agave and mix again.
Step 3: In large bowl combine bread mix, protein powder, cinnamon, flax, chia and salt.
Step 4: Combine the dry ingredients into wet until incorporated. Then use a tablespoon to scoop mixture into cupcake tins – filling just to the top. You should have enough batter to make 48 mini pop-overs.
Step 5: Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and enjoy!