Our kids’ Papi Grien makes the BEST smoothies. He uses the juicer first to juice his fruit and veggies, then adds the juice he’s made to other smoothie ingredients. Check out CWK Episode 3 to make Papi’s ‘Grien’ Smoothie… get it? It’s a play on his name… Grien or the color green Use the leftover juice pulp to make Mama’s delicious Zucchini Apple Muffins!
Other additions to smoothies:
Papi’s Grien Smoothie
(Nut Free, Vegan)
- 4 apples – 2 green, 2 gala – washed, cored & cut into thick slices
- 1 cup of apple juice for the smoothie
- 2 cups washed baby spinach
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen melon chunks
- 2 cups vanilla coconut or almond milk (more if needed)
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Blender & Juicer
Be safe! Keep little hands away from all sharp objects, like the juicer and blender blades! DO NOT turn on juicer & blender when top is off.
Step 1: Use juicer to juice the apples (remove pulp and put aside), then juice the spinach.
Step 2: Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
Step 3: Serve in smoothie cups with straws.